Who doesn’t love pie? With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, this fabulous mini heart pie recipe is sure to impress your girlfriends. Serve up at a Sunday post-Valentine’s brunch to discuss the juicy details of the night before.
- pie dough
- fresh cherries, chopped
- ricotta cheese
- sprinkle of sugar
- 1 TBSP butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to a setting of 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with some parchment paper.
- Roll out pie dough. Cut out heart shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Sprinkle and stir sugar with chopped cherries in a bowl.
- Lay out the heart cut outs onto your baking sheet. Spoon on some of the fresh ricotta cheese, then spoon cherries. Lay down top of dough, then seal it to press using a fork.
- Brush the tops of the pies with some melted butter.
- Bake the pies for about 15 minutes or until the mini hearts turn a golden brown shade. Baking time will largely depend on thickness of the pastry dough and your oven. Be sure to keep a close watch so they don’t burn.
- Cool for about five minutes, then transfer the pies over to a wire rack. Dust them off with some powdered sugar if desired.